Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cork board upgrade



As a future teacher I am always looking for ways to update some of the ugly classroom essentials. These cloth covered cork boards can add a pop to any classroom, office, or pretty much anywhere you place them. The best part about them is that you can always find cloth to match your personality so it is easy to personalize these. 

To start get all your of your materials
  1. Mini cork boards 
  2. Scissors 
  3. Your favorite cloth 
  4. Hot glue gun with glue stick

To begin take your cloth and measures out leaving about an inch of space on each side.
Then cut the cloth out.

 Next being my gluing the cloth to the board.


 To make neat corners tuck them in then glue them down.  Take your time to make your corners look great because it will add to making this project a success! 


 The only thing left to do is to glue your sides down which is an easy step.  Then find a spot for your corkboard. I will be putting mine in my classroom but for now I have a business card that I don't want to forget from a local photographer; Chelsie Gordon Photography. She is actually the photographer from my wedding. She can be found on her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ChelsieGordonPhotography




Repeat as many times as you can because these are such a cute and easy way to spruce up a plain cork board. 


No comments:

Post a Comment